“Old Economy Steve”
mad as hell
My dad once told me that sometimes when he’d lose a job he’d have another one before he went home and I just…
WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF THAT STORY. THAT IS NOT RELEVANT TO MY JOB HUNT. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR OVER A YEAR, DON’T TELL ME ABOUT HOW JOB HUNTING USED TO BE.
literally my father
This shit right here.
Two weeks ago I was told I was hired but I needed to complete a background check…I haven’t heard anything back and those fuckers said I was hired.
They told me that same shit at RICKYS
I don’t even know. I just want to scream.
I should show that to my dad.
And then there’s this.
I dedicate this little number to all those who like to say Disney princesses are nothing but passive, submissive, and horrible role models.
Bless this post.
“Gender Bias in College Admissions Tests”, FairTest.org
And then people urge me everything is fine, of course it is, when you’re ignoring statistics that is.
Choice quotes from the American Rifleman article linked to here by Talking Points Memo:
- From the slideshow intro: “Many of these movies… take us back to simpler times, when dreaming of saving the day got us through that oh-so boring class.”
- From a review of Red Dawn: “Up until the fall of the Berlin Wall, many folks prepared for a possible invasion by what Ronald Reagan called the ‘Evil Empire.’” Man, gun nuts were delusional even back then.
- On The Terminator, which, remember, is a science fiction film: “This movie made shooters realize the importance of firepower, and that preparedness might be needed in the future.” You know, just in case a time-travelling killer android comes looking for you.
- On The Godfather: “That (Michael Corleone) built his empire through violence is only that much more alluring.” Oh really.
- On The Matrix, the film contains “a line that could easily be the catchphrase of many gun owners when asked what they need: ‘Guns. Lots of guns.’”
- On The Road Warrior: ”This movie made some people realize that ammunition is a commodity, and would be useful if the world ever does hit the fan.”
Most folks recognize the movies are fiction, meant as a form of escape.
The NRA apparently takes them at face value.
So irony is dead now.
the stupid, it burns!
The GOP hates students, loves their debt payments.
stop supporting the myth that poor people don’t deserve to have “nice” things. because that sort of narrative continues to ignore the complexities of capitalism and struggle and takes us away from examining why it’s easier for someone living below the poverty line to get a smart phone than to get sustainable support for housing, employment at a livable wage, healthcare services, etc.
When Strangers Click, a 2011 documentary about online dating.
It reminds me of that famous Margaret Atwood quote: “Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.” It also reminds me of something written by one of the mods of Sex Worker Problems: “Misandry irritates. Misogyny kills.”
I mean, it’s just true.
“Misandry irritates. Misogyny kills.”
That’s it. That’s it right there.
nc represent u go bro
Top five for cursing, top five for courteousness. Louisiana, mother fuckers :P
…the top five ‘least likely to curse’ kind of surprises me, because I feel like I swear a lot…
I’m not surprised that OH ranks 1st in cursing, because if you lived in Ohio, you’d be fucking cursing, too
haha NJ is “very courteous” and “most likely to curse”
Ah haha, home state are some courteous mother fuckers.
Another couple reasons California is better for me than Utah!!
Someone left this on the table I went to go eat at so I took it and true
Every time I see this go around, the first two paragraphs are cut. Fixing that.
i feel like people who eat breakfast really have their lives together
I can’t believe i’m reblogging from littlelibertythings with a source of awakenthesheeple
The graves were uncovered in Iraq’s western province of al-Anbar. The remains are believed to be from victims killed by US forces during 2004 and 2005 in the city of Fallujah, located roughly 69 kilometers (43 miles) west of Baghdad.
I will forever be deeply ashamed of being an American because the government I live under does senseless, inhumane shit like this.